Owned by our employees and a foundation, Ecorys is a world-class research-based and communications consultancy that helps our clients make a positive impact on society. From research and evaluation, through to project management and communications, we are leaders in providing the evidence and advice that our clients need to tackle the issues that affect communities around the world.
You will join the Events team that is working on European projects in the areas of social policy, education, climate change, transport, agriculture, digitalisation, and international development, among others.
What you will be doing
You will take a leading role in developing, delivering innovative, and engaging virtual, physical and hybrid events for the European Union (European Commission; EU institutions and agencies) from A to Z before, during and after the events.
As an Events Consultant, your role will include but is not limited to:
What we will need from you
- Submitting proposals and leading on implementation together with the team;
- Developing event concepts and strategies on a wide portfolio of events (by utilizing the maximum potential of the latest digital technologies and platforms);
- Detailing planning and logistics (venue, travels, sourcing of virtual platforms);
- Ensuring on-site presence (studio or control room);
- Hiring external service providers;
- Contributing to Ecorys’ communication and outreach activities (including presentations at conferences and workshops);
- Maintaining a network of experts and partners (speakers, organisers, agencies, etc.) and collaborating with colleagues throughout Ecorys.
Benefits, application deadline and process
- Diploma or certificate in event management and/or university degree in a relevant field as communications, digital marketing, public relations or another relevant field;
- At least 3 years of work experience in a relevant field (organizing physical and digital events from strategy and planning to execution and evaluation);
- An excellent level of written and spoken English (through an extended period of study or work experience in an English-speaking environment). Any other EU languages considered an asset;
- Experience of working with EU institutions as clients;
- Ability and flexibility to travel internationally;
- Ability to work in international, multi-cultural settings, and foster relations with colleagues, partners, clients and stakeholders;
- Experience in managing projects and project teams;
- Experience in developing and successfully managing budgets;
- Excellent communication and presentation skills;
- Proficient in digital event tools and Microsoft Office;
- Ability to take initiatives, to manage multiple tasks and to meet multiple deadlines simultaneously;
- Excellent co-ordination and organizational skills with a high degree of accuracy and eye for detail.
- A full-time position under Belgian permanent contract based in our Brussels office (incl. 40% homeworking);
- A competitive remuneration package with attractive conditions dependent on experience and expertise;
- Room for professional development.
We encourage interested and qualified candidates to submit their CV and 1-page cover letter in English via our online application form to https://careers.ecorys.com/en/countries/belgium by 15/07/2022.